ADSM-L

Re: Backups failed with new TdP for Exchange client 2.2

2002-02-04 09:19:35
Subject: Re: Backups failed with new TdP for Exchange client 2.2
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:13:50 -0500
> after upgrading TdP Exchange from 1.1.1.01 to 2.2, and scheduling the
> following COMMAND:
>
> c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\excincr.cmd
>
> we get RC=1.
>
> Using the same script to run incr backup manually, gives RC=0 !
>
> Any idea, cue about why incr fails under Tsm Scheduler (System account)
and
> is successfull when launched manually under a admin user with service
> account Exchange ?

René,

Try updating the schedule with the entire command
in single quotes or use the short name.
The scheduler could be having a problem with the
space in the directory name. i.e. c:\Program Files.
For example (line may split due to size limitations):

UPDATE SCHEDULE domain sched OBJECTS='"c:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\excincr.cmd"'

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave