ADSM-L

Re: Archive and keep last accessed date.

2002-02-04 08:23:23
Subject: Re: Archive and keep last accessed date.
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:15:05 +0100
Hej Lars

Det är inte TSM klienten som ändrar "Last Accessed" datumet, utan
operativsystemet. Netware, eller Windows för den delen, känner av när filen
accessas av en programvara, eller användare, och ändrar därefter datumet.
Därför borde denna förändring ligga i operativsystemets inställningar. Jag
vet dock inte hur detta hanteras i Netware. Det kanske du kan bättre än
mig.

Mvh // Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Danielsson Lars

                    <Lars.Danielsson@        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    VOLVO.COM>               cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     Archive and keep last
accessed
                    Dist Stor                date.

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    .EDU>

                    2002-02-04 12:34

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Hi.

Do anyone know if it's possible to archive files
by the TSM client and NOT changing the last accessed date?
If - How?

I need it for an archive routine that finds old
files (not accessed since long time) in the centralised
Netware file servers from where we distribute personal
and project libraries to our customers PC's.

The intention is, like we always have tried to do in
the mainframes, have the date attributes to reflect
the customer activities. I.e. have the infrastructure
routines to behave transparent from the customers point
of view.

I'm doing the archiving by a Windows2000 TSM client access
via the shares and not by the TSM Netware client to
guarantee later access independent from possible file
server farm changes in the future.

Have someone tried something in this area, please tell
me where you found the worst pitfalls.

  /Lars
Lars Danielsson
Volvo Information Technology AB
Dept 2510, HD2S
SE-40508 Gothenburg, Sweden
Telephone: +46 31 667479 Telefax: +46 31 662336
mailto:Lars.Danielsson AT volvo DOT com>