ADSM-L

Re: TSM on a SAN.

2015-10-04 17:12:12
Subject: Re: TSM on a SAN.
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Stuart,

Compaq MSL5026 is supported in TSM 4.2.1. I noticed in your note that you
have TSM 4.2.

Hunny Kershaw..

                      Joe Cascanette
                      <Joe.Cascanette@C        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      UMIS.COM>                cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: TSM on a SAN.
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/01/2002 10:07
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Our setup here is Windows 2000 server, with TSM 4.2.1.6 connected to a
Compaq SAN via fibre switch. We have a Modular Data Router connected to a
9236EX DLT library and to the SAN via fibre, this MDR takes data via the
fibre and sends it down the SCSI cable to library.

Not sure if you need a MDR or not, depends if you have direct fibre
attachment to the library or not. All server connected to the SAN will be
able to see the library unless you put restriction in.