ADSM-L

Re: HP C1557 A

2002-02-01 19:29:48
Subject: Re: HP C1557 A
From: Hunny Kershaw <hunnychka AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:11:35 -0800
Oliver,

That is not true. HP C1557C is a dual LUN autoloader meaning it has the
same SCSI ID but different LUNs for the drive and the library. You will
define the library as SCSI as you would with other SCSI libraries. The
drive is LUN 0 and the library is LUN 1. If this is on Windows and SCSI
attached, the library device name would be lbx.1.y.z and the drive device
name would be mtx.0.y.z where x is the SCSI of the autoloader.

Hunny Kershaw..

                      Oliver Martin
                      <Oliver.Martin@HY        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      POVBG.AT>                cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  HP C1557 A
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/01/2002 07:30
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I want to define a TSM library with an HP C1557A ( SureStore 24x6
Autoloader ), and I only could define a library with the type manual and
not with the type scsi. Is that true ?

Oli