ADSM-L

Re: New install of TSM and MMC

2002-01-31 18:16:18
Subject: Re: New install of TSM and MMC
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:13:38 -0800
>Part of the goal of the 4.2 TSM management console was to reduce the
>overall number of separate user interfaces to TSM.   It did this by
>exploiting Windows and MMC to leverage and embed the function
>of the sever
>utilities, command line, web admin, and web client interfaces
>into a single
>user interface to help manage TSM across platforms.
>
>Regards,
>
>Mike Collins
>Tivoli Storage Product Architecture
>emcollin AT us.ibm DOT com

Does this mean we have something similar to the admin tool that used to come
with V3 of the client software that can be installed on a workstation and
access a TSM server on AIX?

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com>
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (888) 997-9614