ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: low bandwitdth and big files

2002-01-31 15:27:35
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: low bandwitdth and big files
From: "Slag, Jerry B." <jslag AT STATE.ND DOT US>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:25:03 -0600
1. Hardware microcode is smart - software can be stupid. Using "compression
yes" and /or "compressalways yes" can and will cause some files to increase
in size.
2. We have compression turned on within the 3494, within our ZOS operating
system and within System Managed Storage settings. If any of these are on it
does not matter what TSM tries to do - these settings override. Obviously if
you do not have anything controlling compression at a higher level TSM may.
I believe the hardware default for 3590 drives is to have compression on.