ADSM-L

Re: Slow LTO drives

2002-01-31 15:01:09
Subject: Re: Slow LTO drives
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:58:38 +0200
Bill,

right now I cannot help you with the LTO but for the adapter drivers of
integrated chipsets Adaptec itself recommends to check for OEM vendor
drivers. In your case for xSeries this means IBM. Visit
<http://www.pc.ibm.com/support>, go to the page for your xSeries and get
IBM optimised drivers for the integrated chipset. Usualy it does not differ
too much from Adaptec drivers but I had disk problems in the past on
Netfinity 5000 and they dismissed as a morning fog when I replaced MS
drivers with IBM supplied ones.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM> on 28.01.2002 23:23:56