ADSM-L

Re: Background / Foreground Performance Mystery

2015-10-04 17:13:42
Subject: Re: Background / Foreground Performance Mystery
From: Dirk Billerbeck [mailto:dirk.billerbeck AT GECITS-EU DOT COM]=20
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Curtis,

what is the value of the TCPWINDOWSIZE parameter in the dsm.opt? =
According
to Tivoli for Windows NT it shouldn't be greater than 63 (KB). Other =
values
aren't supported by NT and would cause the TSM client to use the =
default
value of 32.

And another thing you can look for (in the dsmsched.log): Do you have =
set
serialization (in the backup copy groups) set to Shared Static or =
Shared
Dynamic? If you have and there are many retries during the backup that =
could
explain the poor backup performance.

My last tip: look for the network data transfer rate of the scheduled =
client
backup. If it is low and the network transfer time is high it could =
mean
that you have some network problems (and not necesseraly with TSM). On =
the
other hand a high network data transfer rate would rather indicate a =
local
client problem.

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen,
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With best regards,
Bien amicalement,

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
GE CompuNet Kiel
Enterprise Computing Solutions
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 117, Fax: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck @ gecits-eu.com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you =
must
not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have =
received
this mail in error, please tell us immediately by return email and =
delete
the document.

curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT [email protected] on 30.01.2002 17:31:06

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

We are running with the default of no per the TSM Performance and =
We are running with the default of no per the TSM Performance and =
Tuning
guide that I'm looking at.

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS