ADSM-L

Mixed SCSI/SAN drives in LAN free, is that possible?

2002-01-30 11:55:36
Subject: Mixed SCSI/SAN drives in LAN free, is that possible?
From: "Norback, Jan" <Jan.Norback AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:52:58 +0100
Hi,
I have been asked by my customer if it is possible to mix SCSI and SAN
attached drives on TSM servers that are to perform LAN free backup.
I know that I need to drivemapp all the SAN drives but what will TSM do with
the SCSI attached drives, is it cleaver enough to make sure that it doesn't
mount any tapes for LAN free backups and restores in those drives?

Why not upgrade all drives? Money, money...

This setup:
-TSM server 4.2 on AIX 4.3.3
-3494 libraries
-3494 libraries
-3590E tapes (SCSI and SAN)
-3590E tapes (SCSI and SAN)
Regards,
Regards,
Jan Norback
Tivoli Certified Consultant: ADSM/TSM
IBM Cert. Adv. Technical Expert RS/6000 AIX
Atos Origin-IT (MS/DS/OSS Unix)
VA-106, PO-box 218, 5600 MD Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Groenewoudseweg 1 5621 BA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Email: Jan.Norback AT Atosorigin DOT com
Tel: +31 (0)40-2780289
Mobile: +31 (0)6-12994492
Fax     : +31 40 2783962