ADSM-L

Tape Error

2015-10-04 17:13:42
Subject: Tape Error
From: Christian Astuni [mailto:astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi ...all
I have a question with the tapes. I have 4 Compaq DLT 7000 in TSM =
4.2.1.9
in Windows NT. My server have only one SCSI adapter and only 3 of the 4 =
DLT
work fine, but one doesn't work. This tape work fine in Windows NT (NT
Backup). When I try to write I received this error messages:

ANR8302E I/O error on drive MT2 <MT2.0.0.1> <OP=3DWRITE, Error =
Number=3D1117,
CC=3D205, KEY=3DFF  ASC,=3DFF  ASCQ=3DFF,
SENSE=3D**NONE**
Description=3DSCSI adapter failure>.  Refer to Appendix D in the =
'Messages'
manual for recommended action.
ANR1411W Access mode for volume AD0002 now set to "read-only" due to =
write
error.

I found in the appendix D the messages and the only code that I found is
CC=3D205 and the explanation was:
"Check for loose cables, bent pins, bad cables, bad SCSI adapters, =
improper
termination or bad termination"
If one of this reasons are correctly, the tape doesn't work fine in NT
either or I'm wrong. ?

Thank you very much at all !!

Christian Astuni
IBM Global Services
astuni AT ar.ibm DOT com
Tel. 4898-4621
Hipolito Yrigoyen 2149  - Mart=EDnez (1640) Bs. As. - Argentina