ADSM-L

Re: disk pool problem tsm 4.2.1.9

2002-01-29 02:31:31
Subject: Re: disk pool problem tsm 4.2.1.9
From: Burak Demircan <burak.demircan AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:28:54 +0100
Thank you very much all commenting my problem.Now I have
idea what can I do and can't. I have increased disk pool to 6GB yesterday and
everything went well.
Best Regards,
Burak

        Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU
        Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

        28.01.2002 20:28
        Please respond to ADSM-L

                        To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                        cc:

Hi Burak,

You can prevent clients from accessing tapes directly:
update node ** MAXNUMMP=0

This prevents the node from grabbing a tape drive for backup or archive (it
can still get a tape for RESTORE or RETRIEVE).

However, with MAXNUMMP=0, if there is not enough space in the disk pool when
the client tries to back up, then the backup will fail!

So, first try these things:

*       Set your migration threshhold LOWER than 60%, so migration will
start sooner.
*       Try to reschedule your client backups so there is more time for
migration to clear out the disk pool before the next client starts.
*       Add space to your disk pool.