ADSM-L

Re: Domino & SQL archive

2002-01-28 22:33:41
Subject: Re: Domino & SQL archive
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:31:04 -0500
>Question:
>How can you archive, for long term storage, TDP for Domino and TDP for SQL
server data?  >Currently those TDPs don't use archive copygroups.  So if
you want to monthly archive this data >and keep it for 10 years, how would
you do that?  Would a backupset work?  And if I create a >backupset would
it require 2 tape drives?  Currently this customer only has one (I know, I
know, >he needs more).

Jeannine,

One way would be to have a different NODENAME and different policy settings
that you would occasionally use to keep the data on a longer term basis.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave