ADSM-L

Re: Empty volume is not empty problem.

2002-01-28 17:43:41
Subject: Re: Empty volume is not empty problem.
From: Matthew Glanville <matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:41:09 -0500
From: Matthew Glanville

I have had this problem numerous times on TSM 3.7 - 4.1 on Solaris.

neither
     delete volume volname discard=yes
or
     audit volume volname fix=yes
worked.

the solution was to do that which no one likes to do...

dsmserv audit db fix=yes

Also a parameter after 'audit db' of 'archstorage 'or 'diskstorage'
helps to reduce what needs to be audited.

Please ensure you backup the database and
consult tech support before attempting this though..

Matthew Glanville
matthew.glanville AT kodak DOT com

Steve Argersinger <sargersi AT RUAN DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 01/28/2002
03:34:47