ADSM-L

disk pool problem tsm 4.2.1.9

2015-10-04 17:13:42
Subject: disk pool problem tsm 4.2.1.9
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,
I am using TSM 4.2.1.9 on AIX 4.3.3 with 3583 Library (3 Drives on it)

I have a disk pool about 3GB. All my schedules starts at 7pm but some
clients' files are over 1.8GB on a low bandwitdth. These clients
try to write next stg pool (to a tape pool) directly although their
destination pool is my disk pool. I came to a conclusion that due
to not enough space on disk pool during backup of many clients
some of them are trying to write tape pool even though tape drives are very
slow.

Do you have any idea to prevent clients to write my tape pools
directly (I use migration and at %60 the disk pool migrates to tape pool).

I want all clients to write to disk pool and migrate them according
to above condition whatever the size or bandwitdh of data.

Thank you in advance
Burak