ADSM-L

Filenames with generic characters

2002-01-28 04:55:37
Subject: Filenames with generic characters
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:53:05 +0100
Hi all,

sometimes it happens, that while backing up a client to my server ( Vers
4.1.4 / AIX 4.3.3 ) the error message "ANS1228E Sending of object
'/u02/home/iv/test/*' failed" is written in the client-error-log.
The problem seems to be that he wants to update the information for this
file on the servers tsm-database but can't handle the generic filename '*'.
A filename like this normaly makes no sense (but it happens). The server is
able to back it up. But the server cant delete or update a file with this
name in his database.

My question : Is there a way to delete these files from the tsm-database. Up
to now i renamed the filespace and after a while I deleted this filespace.
But this is not very handy for restoring.

Thanks for any help

Chris