ADSM-L

Re: Backup of Sun OS

2002-01-27 09:24:27
Subject: Re: Backup of Sun OS
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:12:23 +0100
Hi,

Jumpstart is free, and is more like the AIX nim. ufsdump/restore are ok tools,
but they don't make a bootable image. The angian, if your happy with 'boot net
-s' or 'boot cdrom -s' mount the nsf fs the ufsdump is on and then restoreing
maulally, you'll probably be ok using usfdump.  If you want to do these things
automatically with one command, you'll probably need a very customized
junpstart (not entierly impossible, if you have the time), or a third party
non-free (as in beer ;) tool.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams