ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: backing up to tape/OS/390

2002-01-26 10:48:26
Subject: Re: Antwort: backing up to tape/OS/390
From: Gerhard Wolkerstorfer <Gerhard.Wolkerstorfer AT T-SYSTEMS DOT AT>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:44:57 +0100
Not easy to answer, because it depends on
a) the number of files on the specific tape (database intensive!)
b) the amount of bytes on the specific tape (IO intensive)

We have a similiar environment and a MOVE DATA of a full tape takes a minimum of
30-45 minutes, and some tapes (with more than 100.000 files and compressed 100
Gb on it) takes 3 or 4 hours. So it's not easy to answer.....

Gerhard Wolkerstorfer

JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM am 26.01.2002 15:11:41

Bitte antworten an ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU