ADSM-L

Re: Identifying client schedule mode.

2002-01-24 07:50:47
Subject: Re: Identifying client schedule mode.
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:42:34 +0100
Sorry, that should be polling and prompted, not polling and polling... :)

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Daniel Sparrman

                    <daniel.sparrman        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    @EXIST.SE>              cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     Re: Identifying client
schedule
                    Dist Stor               mode.

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    T.EDU>

                    2002-01-24 13:33

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi

You can check the activity log to see how the client contacts the server.
You should be able to read if the client contacts the server(polling), or
if the server contacts the client(polling).

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Sias Dealy

                    <[email protected]        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    OM>                  cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Identifying
client schedule
                    "ADSM: Dist          mode.

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    2002-01-24

                    13:35

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Jon,

Bad news, you can not see what the schedmode for the
client on the server.
Because the parameter is set in the dsm.sys file
(Unix) or the dsm.opt file (Windows).
If you do not see the schedmode parameter in the
file then the default is being used.
I believe the default is polling.

Sias Dealy