ADSM-L

Re: How to remove space management from TSM Client

2002-01-24 03:33:34
Subject: Re: How to remove space management from TSM Client
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:30:56 +0100
The natural way to achieve this, would be a "dsmmigfs remove", but
this process recalls all files ...

So maybe you try something like the following (which I did not test):
unmount the filesystems
kill the HSM processes (and prevent them from being started again
  --> rc.adsmhsm in inittab)
delete or reuse the filesystem (to reuse it, you might have to
  remove "adsmfsm = true" from the according entries in /etc/filesystems)

To delete the migrated files from the TSM server you would command
"delete filespace <node_name> <file_space_name> type=spacemanaged"

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet