ADSM-L

Re: new client backup-TCP error

2002-01-23 12:09:19
Subject: Re: new client backup-TCP error
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:01:44 -0500
Yes, dsmadmc will also not start
Yes, I can use dsmadmc from other clients
yes, each side can ping the other

DUH:
I discovered I was using the  SP switch address of the server instead of the
external network,  (this node is not an SP node)so:
I can now invoke dsmadmc on the node
can invoke the dsmc client and invoke a restore
however:
cannot bring up the dsmc sched process

>>> MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM 01/23/02 11:20AM >>>
I have seen this error when TSM is not completely up and running - for example,
after you halt it and then bring it backup.

Can you start a dsmadmc session with the server? If not, wait a few minutes and
try it again.
Can you start dsmadmc from another node?  If so, then a TCP/IP problem exists
on the node.
Is the dsm.opt file pointed to the correct TSM server?  If you are using a
fully qualified hostname in the opt file, is the hostname resolvable?
Is the TSM server pingable?  Perhaps, the TCP/IP stack on the server is out of
resources.

Mahesh

>>> Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US 01/23/02 11:01AM >>>
Hi:
Just installed a new client.
It can ping the server and the server can ping the client. However, on invoking
a backup i get:

tsm> back /home/root/*
Node Name: EIMSX
ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

Selective Backup function invoked.

ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

from dsmerror.log

01/23/02   11:02:07 TcpOpen: TCP/IP error connecting to server.
01/23/02   11:02:07 sessOpen: Failure in communications open call. rc: -50
01/23/02   11:02:07 ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

Any suggestions?