ADSM-L

Tivoli Decision Support and TSM server

2002-01-23 11:22:11
Subject: Tivoli Decision Support and TSM server
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:53:10 +0200
Hi,

Are there any of you guys/gals that are running TDS for SMA?
If you are - what kind of TSM server are you running:
Platform and size of database being the ones I'll be interested
in.
We are busy evaluating the TDSSMA modules and are experiencing
bad performance on our biggest TSM server - for those of you
that are familiar with the product - when the TDS Loader runs it
consumes about 24% of our OS/390 CPU for 28hours - the load is still
not finished. This makes the whole TDS product useless to us.

It is fine for our smaller TSM environments but it does not help
getting different products for the smaller and bigger environments.
To me it seems like the usefullness of this product or any other
product that will be running SQL queries into your TSM db is severly
impacted by the size of your TSM environment - coming back to the
scalability of TSM's proprietary "black box" DB!

Have any of you noticed this or do we need to look at other things.
My opinion of TSM on OS/390 is that it performs worse on OS/390 than
AIX or I'll even be as bold to say Win2K ;-)

Thanks for any input.

Regards
Christo Heuer

"The information contained in this communication is confidential and
may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to
receive it.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action
in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  Absa is neither liable for the proper, complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication, any
delay in its receipt or that the mail is virus-free."