ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 8 client problem with FONTLIST (Thanks Pete!)

2002-01-23 09:18:51
Subject: Re: Solaris 8 client problem with FONTLIST (Thanks Pete!)
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:08:13 -0600
Thanks Pete!!

This couldn't of come at a better time, your export LC_CTYPE=C worked great.
I thought using the GUI interface on my SUN box was just not possible. Being
new to Tivoli, my Sun box backups were taking 14 hours and I was having
difficulty troubleshooting this. I knew it was an error with Tivoli trying
to backup files in use but manually trying to put the exclusion was not
working. I could not get Tivoli to read the correct dsm.opt and dsm.sys
file. There were multiple from the TDP for Oracle and all the links to each
other. The documentation was really no help, it kept referring to using the
correct stanza (BTW, nice choice of words here Tivoli, there is NOTHING
poetic about your software) in the dsm.opt.

To make a long story short, your fix enabled me to make the correct
exclusions from the GUI and then find the correct dsm.sys files which
allowed me to follow the path and really understand the links and different
stanzas or sections of my dsm.sys file which brought our 14 hour backup down
to 4 minutes and 26 seconds.

I know that seems unreal but it is true. So take it from me kids, if you
don't have all your exclusions correct you are just wasting time out of that
precious 24 window we all face.

Again, thanks to all who make this board great!!
Mark