ADSM-L

Re: Netware 5.1 & 4.2.1 Client

2002-01-22 16:04:52
Subject: Re: Netware 5.1 & 4.2.1 Client
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:01:51 -0500
NetWare 5.1
TSM 4.2.1.19
TSANDS - v5.25 4/14/2000
TSA500 - v5.04 5/24/2000
SMDR     - v5.04 3/28/2000

Where did you get those funky versions of TSANDS? Is that part of the
support pack?
We have had problems restoring the directory in a disaster recovery
scenario. The problem is with products that extend the schema. According to
Novell, you must reinstall the products to extend the schema before you
restore the items that use the extended schema. Novell's big thing is having
multiple servers so you can have multiple copies of the directory. We kept
telling them what happens if there's a disaster and there are no copies
left???
I remember a problem with support pack 2 I think and the clib modules. It
was a well know problem so I don't think Tivoli support would have
overlooked it.

Mark