ADSM-L

Re: inclexcl help for windoze box

2002-01-22 11:44:57
Subject: Re: inclexcl help for windoze box
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:42:19 -0500
A couple of comments, if I may:

   Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\*.*
   Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*

You should consider removing the EXCLUDE for ....\CONFIG\*.* , as it is
redundant. Being that the include/exclude list is processed from the
bottom-up, it is already covered by the ....\CONFIG\...\* pattern.

   Exclude *:\...\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\*
      and
   Exclude *:\...\NORTON GHOST 6.0\*

Since the specifications contain blank spaces, they need to be enclosed in
double quotes:

   Exclude "*:\...\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\*"
      and
   Exclude "*:\...\NORTON GHOST 6.0\*"

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Malbrough, Demetrius" <DMalbrough AT TTIINC DOT COM>
01/22/2002 09:27

This works for me...Try using a wildcard for the drive letter and also
This works for me...Try using a wildcard for the drive letter and also
leave
off the file heirarchy!

Exclude *:\...\pagefile.sys
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\*.*