ADSM-L

remove a tape from library

2002-01-22 08:21:20
Subject: remove a tape from library
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:18:47 +0100
Hi all,

today I have a problem with one of my tapes in the tape-library (3494).

A tape didn't come out of the drive, the technican came in, and he managed
to bring out the tape. But unfortunately the tape broke, so it is now (after
restoring the data from copy-pool) set 'destroyed'. I deleted the volume
with discarddata=yes. The tape is physically not in the library.
Is there a command to remove a volume (that is only in the database, not
physically in the library) from TSM and the library-database ?

Thanks a lot

Christoph