ADSM-L

Re: On-Bar restore error.

2002-01-21 10:51:39
Subject: Re: On-Bar restore error.
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:37:53 -0600
You didn't mention whether you were trying to restore a backup of the
Informix instance to itself or the backup was coming
from another server.  If you are trying to restore a backup taken on a
server to that server, I don't know if you are the sys admin or dba of that
server as well as the storage admin. If you are only the storage admin, the
33rd dbspace may have been modified by adding a device (chunk). You also
didn't mention the platform type but if it is a UNIX box, go to the /dev
dir and see if a device has been added (check file date/time) since the
backup was made.  If a device has been added to
support a new chunk for the dbspace 33, then you will need to rebuilt the
instance to be the same as when the backup was made. If the backup was made
on another machine / instance, check the devices on the donating machine to
see if the
number of chunks is consistant with the machine to be backed up to... use
onstat -d as the instance owner...

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises
Storage/System Admin