ADSM-L

Re: versioning / expiring / multiple backups under same nodename

2002-01-21 07:38:59
Subject: Re: versioning / expiring / multiple backups under same nodename
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:30:46 +0100
Hi

To start with, they are running a configuration that is not supported by
either Tivoli nor IBM.

Second of all, running this configuration will result in inconsistent data,
and you could question whether or not a complete a full restore of the
system.

The problem you have to describe to your customer, is that there is a large
chance, that they won't be able to restore the cluster environment in case
of a disaster. Therefore, it is in their own interest to move over to the
supported configuration a.s.a.p.

This is not a question of which way to configure the clustered environment,
but instead of moving to the only way that will work.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    "Warren, Matthew

                    James"                     To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    <matthewjames.warre        cc:

                    n AT EDS DOT COM>                 Subject:     Re:
versioning / expiring / multiple
                    Sent by: "ADSM:            backups under same nodename

                    Dist Stor Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    2002-01-21 13:22

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

We know the correct way to be backing up the cluster. The customer did not
implement it this way, but we are recommending them to do so.

Before they switch from their current set-up to how we are recommending
they
backup the cluster (With 2 TSM environments on each machine, one for local
disk, the other for shared disk) they would like to know exactly what risk
they are runing with their current setup.

Matt.