ADSM-L

3494 Library/Drive Problem

2002-01-18 18:04:21
Subject: 3494 Library/Drive Problem
From: Luke Dahl <ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:03:08 -0800
Hi,
Environment:
3494 Library with three B1A drives
Two Solaris 8 Servers with TSM 4.1.4.5
SCSI connections from both servers to each drive, so that they are
shared between the two servers.  Our problem is that when we start three
sessions directly to tape on Server 1 the drives go to polling status on
Server 2.  We then will stop a session on Server 1, start one directly
to tape on Server 2 and oftentimes the drive will go to unavailable
status.  Also, it may show unavailable on only one server for a while,
even when it is in use by that server (tape loaded and being written
to).  I've included some information that hopefully is helpful below.
Thank you all in advance.

From Server1:
Library Name   3494
Library Type    349X
Device             3494a
ACS Id            -
Private Category     300
Scratch Category    301
External Manager    -
Shared                   YES

Device Class Name    3590
Device Access Strategy    Sequential
Storage Pool Count          1
Device Type                     3590
Format                             3590C
Est/Max Capacity             -
Mount Limit                      DRIVES
Mount Wait (min)             60
Mount Retention (min)      1
Label Prefix                      ADSM
Library                             3494
Directory                          -
Server Name                    -
Retry Period                     -
Retry Interval                    -