ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?

2002-01-17 11:42:13
Subject: Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:39:05 -0600
Depends on your technical background.  Tivoli has built better wizards into
the NT version, but us crusty Unix guys still have problems making a
Windows installation go.  I know I have a lot more trouble configuring tape
libraries on 2000 than I do on AIX.

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

                    "Remeta, Mark"

                    <MRemeta@SELIGMA       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    NDATA.COM>             cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     Re: TSM Server on
Windows - Does it work?
                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    T.EDU>

                    01/17/2002 10:23

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

If I had a choice between unix and nt I would choose nt every time. It's
much easier to use and the much ballyhooed performance gained by using unix
is not that great.

Mark