ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?

2015-10-04 17:13:41
Subject: Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?
From: Salak Juraj [mailto:j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,

from what i learned by myself and from couple of tsm users in our area,=
 the
aix implementation is even more stable and scalable comparing to nt.

TSM itself on nt is as stable as nt itself,
if you are happy with nt you will likely be happy with tsm/nt as well. =
I am
just setting-up new nt/tsm box, mainly because our know-how in unix is
small.

But if my requirements were harder I would swap to aix and buy aix know=
-how
along with the product. For example, a neighbour company with x-terbyte=
along with the product. For example, a neighbour company with x-terbyte=
s of
backup data and ATM backbone could double their tcp-ip throughput by
swapping to aix, inspite of their perfect NT know how and weeks of tuni=
ng
and comparable HW used for both NT and AIX. But I do not need that, so =
stay with NT.

regards
Juraj