ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?

2002-01-16 16:54:41
Subject: Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:52:12 -0500
Well...I'm comfortable with TSM on Windows, but not so comfortable with
Windows itself.

I'd say that if you are happy with the stability of Win2K, TSM will likely
not disappoint.  I encourage my customers to run it on AIX, because I know
that it's rock-stable, and that I'm not going to be fighting the OS
forever.

My $0.02

-Lloyd
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:13:10 +0100
wptw63 <wptw63 AT TELSTRA DOT COM> wrote:

> We are considering installing TSM server, and are being 'encouraged' to
> run it on AIX but are a little cold to the idea.  We have more
> experience supporting Windows 2000.
>
> Does anyone have any feedback on the stability or performance of TSM
> server running on Windows?
>
> Feel free to mail directly if you have any information that you willing
> to share but are uncomfortable putting on the list.
>
> Thanks

> Powered by telstra.com

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:716-389-1260    fax:716-389-1267