ADSM-L

Re: AIX , TSM and Onbar -Reply

2002-01-16 14:49:04
Subject: Re: AIX , TSM and Onbar -Reply
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:35:23 -0600
At one time, ADSM had an XBSA (shared library) as part of the product.
Tivoli discovered they could sell a separate product (TDP for Informix)
which includes this library so they now sell it separately. I use SQL
BackTrack for Informix which
provides the shared library function which they call DTISM. Onbar has a
shared libary that you can use called ISM. This was
supplied to them gratis from Legatto. It doesn't work real well but is
functional. Once you have a shared library, you need
the following line in your onconfig file for the instance:

BAR_BSALIB_PATH /usr/bmc/IFX/ibacktrack/lib/bsashr10.o

(Your path may vary). You will also need to set environment variables depending
on where the library is located and who
you got it from such as $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and $LIBPATH... both will point to
necessary library files which will be linked to
/usr/lib. These files will appear as:

bsashr10.o      libarchbsa.a    libbsa.a        libdtcatalog.a  libsharedbsa.a

I suggest you investigate purchase of TDP for Informix!

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises
Storage/System Admin

Muthyam Reddy <MREDDY AT JOY DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 01/16/2002 01:28:05 PM