ADSM-L

Re: AIX , TSM and Onbar

2002-01-16 14:41:14
Subject: Re: AIX , TSM and Onbar
From: "Sarver, Theresa (Osky Unix Administrator)" <tsarver AT CLOWVALVE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:32:08 -0600
Hi Jason;

I ran into the same problem when I upgraded our ADSM (3.1) environment to
TSM (4.1)...inorder to get Tivoli to backup Informix (using Onbar) 'TDP for
Informix' must be purchased.  The hickup...'TDP for Informix' only works at
IDS v. 7.31 and higher...so you must also upgrade your database.  That
wasn't a viable solution for us, so I rolled back the TSM (Informix) client
to 3.1 to get onbar to work with my TSM server (which I left at version
4.1.1).

Hope this gives you the information you needed, and feel free to contact me
if you want any further information.

Thanks;
Theresa