ADSM-L

Re: Need help for AIX: passwordaccess generate, tdp_r3:passwordre quir ed no

2002-01-16 11:43:21
Subject: Re: Need help for AIX: passwordaccess generate, tdp_r3:passwordre quir ed no
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:13:00 -0500
You cannot use 'passwordaccess generate' when specifying 'adsmnode' in the
init<SID>.utl file. And I don't think you can specify 'nodename' in the
dsm.sys file with 'passwordaccess generate' either.

Specify 'password yes' in the init<SID>.utl file, then, as ora<sid>, do
'backint -f password -p <path to init<SID>.utl file>'; you will be prompted
to enter the password for the tsm server specified in the 'server' clause of
the init<SID>.utl file.

Depending on your environment, you may want to set the password for this
node to never expire on the TSM server.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc