ADSM-L

Re: Drivers in TSM 4.2.0.0

2002-01-15 10:20:08
Subject: Re: Drivers in TSM 4.2.0.0
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:11:57 +0100
Hi

One recommendation is that you upgrade your TSM 4.2.0.0 to at least
4.2.1.8.

There is a lot of performance problems when using 4.2.0.0, and there is
also some device issues.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Christian

                    Astuni               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <astuni AT AR DOT IB        cc:

                    M.COM>               Subject:     Drivers in TSM 4.2.0.0

                    Sent by:

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    2002-01-15

                    16:34

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi all ... I have a question, because I have a server TSM 4.2.0.0 in NT 4
SP 6a and 4 drives Quantum DLT8000 and if I use the driver of TSM, doesn't
work.
But if I defined the drives as generic tape and use the driver of operating
system and the TSM work fine.

TSM 4.2.0.0 can work whit Quantum DLT8000 ? There are the drivers of TSM
4.2.0.0 for this drives ?
What is the difference is I define a generic tape and work with drivers of
operating system ? Is this recommendable ?

Thank very much for your answers ...
Regards.

Christian Astuni
IBM Global Services
astuni AT ar.ibm DOT com
Tel. 4898-4621
Hipolito Yrigoyen 2149  - Martínez (1640) Bs. As. - Argentina