ADSM-L

Large server restore time?

2015-10-04 17:13:40
Subject: Large server restore time?
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Today I received a request to back-up a win2000 fileserver. They will start
with 200 gig. Based on servers we currently host I predict this server to
store 8755028 files and 756095 mb on the TSM server.

The TSM server is version 4.1.3 and runs on a 1gig 2 cpu AIX machine. The
library is a 3584L32 from IBM with 10 scsi lto drives. The TSM client will
be version 4.2.x. The network is 100mbps ethernet (which will not be THE
problem).

Smaller fileservers have a poor restore time (>26 hours), so this will
become a disaster.

Is there anyone out there who has something like this AND can keep the
restore time less than 24 hours (tested!). If so, tell me how, please.

Thanx,

Karel Bos
NUON ICT
Holland