ADSM-L

Re: Ethernet connection IBM 3494

2002-01-15 08:08:29
Subject: Re: Ethernet connection IBM 3494
From: "Cook, Dwight E (SAIC)" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:48:26 -0600
Oh, forgot to mention, with a lan card, if you have libraries scattered all
over 10-buck-2 you have the ability to define all those libraries to a
single environment and monitor their status (easily) from there.
Remember, you don't need drives in an atl to be able to communicate with it.
Example we have 7 atl's in 3 locations across 2 states, we have one utility
server with all 7 atl's defined to it and you may do things like
for LIBR in $(lsdev -Cctape | grep lmcp | cut -d' ' -f1)
        do
        mtlib -l/dev/$LIBR -qL | egrep -i '(paused|degraded)'
        if [ ?$ -eq 0 ]
                then
                echo $LIBR having problems | mail -s ATL_BROKE
myid@myhostname
                fi
        done

Dwight