ADSM-L

Re: Copygroups

2002-01-14 14:00:55
Subject: Re: Copygroups
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:56:58 -0500
That's Ok as long as you never do more than one backup per day.  If for
example, you do a second backup, VEREXISTS=60 will cause the oldest one
from 60 days ago to be deleted.  To be absolutely safe, you need to code
VEREXISTS= and VERDELETED=NOLIMIT. This is documented in the
Administrator's Guide in a section dealing with PIT restores.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

                    Vint Maggs
                    <vint.maggs@S
                    RS.GOV>       To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                  cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                    01/14/02      Subject:
                    12:59 PM             Copygroups
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

How do you recommend setting up a management class that would allow me to
retain backups for 60 days while allowing a PIT restore to any date within
the past 60 days? I am thinking I should set the copygroup parameters
VERExists, VERDeleted, RETExtra and RETOnly to 60.

Does this seem correct?

Thanks,
Vint