ADSM-L

RMAN Restore to Different Host

2002-01-14 12:12:32
Subject: RMAN Restore to Different Host
From: Burgess Mark <mark.burgess AT LBBD.GOV DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:48:31 -0000
Hi,

currently running ODP 2.1 with Oracle 8.1.7 and RMAN on Windows NT. Have
managed to sucessfully backup and restore a database on the same host. I am
wanting to restore a database to a different host but am not having any
success.  Error stack as follows from RMAN:

RMAN-08523: restoring datafile 00006 to G:\ORADATA\STBYDATA\INDX01.DBF
RMAN-03026: error recovery releasing channel resources
RMAN-08031: released channel: tape1
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
RMAN-03013: command type: Duplicate Db
RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory Script
RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
RMAN-03013: command type: restore
RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: IRESTORE
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel tape1
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19507: failed to retrieve
sequential fi
le, handle="01de02g4_1_1", parms=""
ORA-27007: failed to open file
ORA-19511: SBT error = 7000, errno = 0, sbtopen: backup file not found
RMAN-10031: ORA-19624 occurred during call to
DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.RESTOREBACKUPP
IECE

The script I am running is as follows:

run {
        allocate auxiliary channel tape1 type 'sbt_tape' parms
        'ENV=(DSMO_AVG_SIZE=1000, DSMO_FS=fisapp6_oracle,
DSMO_NODE=fisapp6_oracle)';
        duplicate target database to stby;
        release channel tape1;
}

fisapp6 is the node that the database was originally backed up to. I am
restoring to host fisdbb. I have looked at the various other postings on the
list but can not make out where I am going wrong. Can someone please suggest
how this could be done.

thanks in advance,

Mark