ADSM-L

AIX TSM 4.1.2.0 Server upgrade to 4.2.1.0

2002-01-11 17:26:48
Subject: AIX TSM 4.1.2.0 Server upgrade to 4.2.1.0
From: "Malbrough, Demetrius" <DMalbrough AT TTIINC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:21:46 -0600
I am posting this for documentation purposes for any *SMers migrating from
AIX Server 4.1.2.0 to 4.2.1.0!

There is a problem with the LUM tools used by TSM for licensing:

If you are having a problem registering your license and you are getting the
message:

ANR2841W Server is NOT IN COMPLIANCE with license terms

Take the following steps:

1. Halt the TSM server

2. Change directories to /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin
        cd /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin

3. Delete all of the license files.
        rm *.lic

4. Move the nodelock file to the tmp directory.
        mv nodelock /tmp/nodelock

5. Goto Smitty and remove the license certificate file
(tivoli.tsm.license.cert) & the license runtime file
(tivoli.tsm.license.rte).
        smitty remove

Remove Installed Software

Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.

                                                        [Entry Fields]
* SOFTWARE name
[tivoli.tsm.license.cert]                       +
  PREVIEW only? (remove operation will NOT occur)     yes
+
  REMOVE dependent software?                          no
+
  EXTEND file systems if space needed?                yes
+
  DETAILED output?                                    yes
+

5. Mount the TSM 4.2.1.0 CD and re-install ONLY the license certificate &
the license        runtime.

7. Bring the server backup up
        nohup dsmserv quiet &

8. Register all of the appropriate licenses.
        register license file=*

9. Delete the nodelock file from the tmp directory.
        rm /tmp/nodelock

NOTE:  This was only my experience with the new install & so make sure you
call TSM support to see if this pertains to your situation also!

Thanks,

Demetrius Malbrough
UNIX/TSM Administrator