ADSM-L

Re: ***The JOURNALED BACKUP saga continues...***

2002-01-11 11:34:10
Subject: Re: ***The JOURNALED BACKUP saga continues...***
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:31:02 -0500
Answers and comments to questions .....

>>> When will ver 5.1 Journal Sevice be out?

Tentative GA for 5.1 client is beginning of second quarter of this year.

There is a formal beta program, if you are interested contact me offline
and I will provide you with details.

>>> Does it require ver 5.1 of TSM Server as well or does it work with
4.2.1?

I don't believe so.

>>> How do I disable logging to jbberror.log? On some servers it gets very
big

Unfortunately you can't but as previously stated the erroneous message
logging to the
jbb and ntevent logs should be fixed in version 5.1.

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus
Tivoli Storage Solutions Software Development
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on
01/11/2002 11:29 AM ---------------------------

Niklas Lundstrom <niklas.lundstrom AT FORENINGSSPARBANKEN DOT SE>@VM.MARIST.EDU>
on 01/11/2002 03:57:09 AM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

When will ver 5.1 Journal Sevice be out? Does it require ver 5.1 of TSM
Server as well or does it work with 4.2.1?
How do I disable logging to jbberror.log? On some servers it gets very big

Regards
Niklas Lundström
Föreningssparbanken IT