ADSM-L

Re: ***The JOURNALED BACKUP saga continues...***

2002-01-10 12:40:13
Subject: Re: ***The JOURNALED BACKUP saga continues...***
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:37:23 -0500
Minor point: Pete and I both work in the same group; it is just our sig
information that differs.   :-)

It would help to know which TSM server version you are using, and what
your tsmjbbd.ini file looks like. Note that journal-based backups require
a 4.2.0 (or higher) TSM server as well, so if you are running at 4.1 or
less, then that explains why the journal backups aren't working.

About the IDLETIMEOUT question: if it is simply the producer session
timing out, I wouldn't bother increasing IDLETIMEOUT. If it is idle for an
hour at a time, then whatever time is taken to re-establish the session is
neglible. Note that IDLETIMEOUT messages are not necessarily indicative of
problems, and this sounds like just such a case.

Where are you seeing the "psFsMonitorThread" message? As far as I know,
this should only appear if you have tracing enabled. Trace messages are
intended for use by IBM service and development, so they are not
documented.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Malbrough, Demetrius" <DMalbrough AT TTIINC DOT COM>
01/10/2002 10:22