ADSM-L

Re: Can't access TDP SQL /fileinfo metadata

2002-01-09 16:30:57
Subject: Re: Can't access TDP SQL /fileinfo metadata
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:27:39 -0500
> Conclusion - with this version of TDP SQL 2.2 I must have the metadata in
> diskpool in order to RELOCATE the data during a restore.  The query of
the
> fileinfo will fail with an ACO0151E.  The GUI RELOCATE will simply yield
> blank window with no container files showing, and therefore, you will be
> unable to do the relocate.

Bill,

Directing meta data to always accessible disk storage
is a good idea anyway. And your technique with the
INCLUDE statement is how we recommend customers do that.
(See Chapter 3 of the User's Guide.)

But....something still doesn't seem right here...

Even if the meta data is on tape... it should work...
It just may take a little while for the meta data to be
retrieved and filled in on those screens... but it should work.

I would open a call with IBM support.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave