ADSM-L

Re: TDP for R3 uses two tapes in each session.

2002-01-09 14:53:12
Subject: Re: TDP for R3 uses two tapes in each session.
From: "Cook, Dwight E (SAIC)" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:50:47 -0600
How many different management classes are defined for use within your TDP/R3
configuration file ?
        (are all the management classes the same one ? )
For example, we have a different management class used for the logs because
they are more important than the db files themselves... that is, if you have
the redo logs, you can restore a table space from a backup other than the
most recent and bring it back to current by applying redo logs BUT if you
don't have the redo logs, you can't even get current from your most recent
copy of a table space.
So with that said, we push our logs into a management class using a storage
pool that has a copy pool associated with it (to protect against data loss
due to media failure) and all the .dbf's go into a management class using a
storage pool that is only one tape copy.   (we have more data than could be
copied in a day... TB's of compressed data daily)

just a thought...

Dwight