ADSM-L

Re: TSM Scheduler service failed to start after reboot

2002-01-07 17:54:56
Subject: Re: TSM Scheduler service failed to start after reboot
From: Neil Schofield <Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 22:48:19 +0000
Brian

We too have experienced the same problem with a variety of client versions
for NT. The latest version we are running at the moment is 4.2.1.15 and
we've seen the problem on this version too.

We can reboot the same client 20 times and on maybe one or two occasions,
the scheduler service will fail to start. The DSMSCHED.LOG and DSMERROR.LOG
appear as though no attempt was made to start the service. Starting the
services after the reboot is successful.

The problem never occurs on our really old (v3.1) clients though. We are
running TSM server v3.7.5 on NT.

Neil Schofield

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682