ADSM-L

TSM Client for IRIX (v4.1.1.0) - has anyone experienced & resolved the "null root filespace name" problem ?

2002-01-04 17:41:46
Subject: TSM Client for IRIX (v4.1.1.0) - has anyone experienced & resolved the "null root filespace name" problem ?
From: Kent Monthei <Kent.J.Monthei AT GSK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:39:00 -0500
We're using TSM Client for IRIX v4.1.1.0 (IRIX v6.5.9).  This "null root
filespace name" problem was previously documented, but I thought it was
resolved in this version for IRIX.

For us, the problem seems a bit intermittent.  There is already a '/'
filespace on the TSM Server.  Occasionally during a scheduled incremental
backup, an extra filespace is created on the TSM Server v4.1.2.12 Server
(Sun Solaris 2.6) with a null filespace name.  This extra filespace has no
name (null name) and occupancy is zero.  From the dsmsched log entries, it
appears this is a TSM Client problem, and it does not always happen.

The usual/expected message pairs in dsmsched.log would be:
        Incremental backup of volume '/'
             (later.....)
        Successful incremental backup of volume '/'

However, our TSM Client for IRIX reports:
        Incremental backup of volume '/'
             (later.....)
        Successful incremental backup of volume ''   (two adjacent
single-quotes)

If you've encountered & fixed this, please let me know how you did so.  If
you're running IRIX 6.5.9 and not experiencing this problem, please let me
know what version of the TSM Client you're running.

-rsvp, thanks
Kent Monthei
Kent Monthei
GlaxoSmithKline