ADSM-L

Re: Migration/storage pool backup ?'s

2002-01-04 14:36:26
Subject: Re: Migration/storage pool backup ?'s
From: Richard Cowen <richard_cowen AT CNT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:27:45 -0600
A small script to issue the appropriate "MOVE DATA" commands may be easier
to control than auto migration.

Foreach stgpool where device_class_name=DISK and stgpool_type=PRIMARY
        foreach volume where pct_utilized > 50 and stgpool_name=<$stgpool>
                move data <$volume_name> to <next_stgpool>

example: (on unix, grep for MOVE, munge out the extra spaces and send thru a
dsmadmc command.)

select 'MOVE DATA ', volume_name as
"--------------------------------------------------------", -
        'STGPOOL=', nextstgpool, 'WAIT=YES' from volumes, stgpools -
        where stgpools.stgpool_name=volumes.stgpool_name and
stgpools.stgpool_name in -
        (select stgpool_name from volumes -
                where volume_name in -
                        (select volume_name -
                        from volumes where pct_utilized>50 and stgpool_name
in -
                                (select stgpool_name from stgpools where
pooltype='PRIMARY' and devclass='DISK') -
                        ) -
        )

output:
Unnamed[1]    --------------------------------------------------------
Unnamed[3]    NEXTSTGPOOL           Unnamed[5]
----------    --------------------------------------------------------
----------    ------------------    ----------
----------    ------------------    ----------
MOVE DATA     /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/sbkup00.dsm
MOVE DATA     /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/sbkup00.dsm
STGPOOL=      LTOPOOL               WAIT=YES
MOVE DATA     /tsmdata1/datavol3
STGPOOL=      LTOPOOL               WAIT=YES
MOVE DATA     /usr/local/tsm/datavol01.dsm
STGPOOL=      LTOPOOL               WAIT=YES
MOVE DATA     /usr/local/tsm/datavol02.dsm
STGPOOL=      LTOPOOL               WAIT=YES

My situation is that I have a small disk storage pool that is primarily used
for oracle archive logs that archive at any time during the  day.  During
the hours of 6-12, we perform offsite copies of the tape and disk  storage
pools.
> During this time, no tape drives are available for client  backups so I
need to make sure that the disk storage pool is completely  migrated to tape
prior to starting the offsite copies.  Here is what I do: