ADSM-L

Re: moving data between pools

2002-01-04 11:38:21
Subject: Re: moving data between pools
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:35:05 -0500
> So, I am trying to move the data to a tape in my StorageTek library, but
> apparently you cannot move data from a copy pool to any other pool!

The online help for the 'move data' command includes the statement 'You can
move files from a copy storage pool volume only to volumes in the same copy
storage pool'. As far as I know, the only way to get the effect you want is
to run 'backup stgpool' commands to write new backup copies of files to a
copy pool on StorageTek media and then delete the copy pool volumes on
MagStar media.