ADSM-L

Re: Moving Log Volumes on 3.1

2002-01-03 13:25:32
Subject: Re: Moving Log Volumes on 3.1
From: Jim Sporer <james.sporer AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:24:03 -0600
Stu,
Sure you can do that.  Format the new volume you want to use for the
database, then add the volume to the data base and extend it.  Delete the
current volumes one at a time by reducing the data base by the size of the
volume you are deleting and then just delete it.  TSM will move the data
off the volume before deleting it.  Use the same procedure for the log files.
Jim