ADSM-L

Re: Linux support.

2002-01-03 13:16:04
Subject: Re: Linux support.
From: Ed Anderson <ceanderson AT DIS.UMSMED DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:15:12 -0600
We're using RH7.2 and TSM 4.1.2 client here.

Some things to note :
  (1) If you're using a journaled filesystem, like ext3, you need to put
a the following in your dsm.sys for each mount point defined in /etc/fstab
for your local harddisks and/or NFS mounts.
       VirtualMountPoint "/"
       VirtualMountPoint "/var"
etc...
  (2)  I make it a habit to exclude the .ISD, .ISM, and .frm files for
mysql, but I do nightly dumps of the databases and then make monthly tars
of the nightly dumps.

Well, it should work, so enjoy and good luck!

-
Ed Anderson
Ed Anderson
Unix Systems Administrator
University Of Mississippi Medical Center
ceanderson AT dis.umsemd DOT edu